The 2015 Discover Duck Recipe Contest for Professional Chefs & Culinary Students Winners:
Grand Prize $10,000 Winner - Pear & Ginger Tea Duck Breast on Sweet Potato Waffle with Duck Confit Slaw by Executive Chef Jacques Wilson of El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, CA
The following recipe contest finalists will each receive $1,000:
- Jerk Confit of Maple Leaf Duck Leg Sandwich Garlic Mayonnaise & Cabbage Salad by Martin Rios of Restaurant Martin in Santa Fe, NM
- Duck Al Pastor Tacos by Senior Corporate Chef Eric Stein of Newly Weds Foods in Chicago, IL
- Pulled Duck & Membrillo Croquettes by Executive Corporate Chef Michael Brunson of Tapeo restaurant & Tapas Bar in Boston, MA
- Maple Leaf Farms Duck Confit Scotch Eggs by Executive Chef Barry Greenberg of University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA
Grand Prize $2,500 Winner - Smoked Duck with Five Spice Waffles and Hibiscus Syrup by Christopher Dodson from the El Paso Community College in El Paso, TX. He also earned his school $1,000 in Maple Leaf Farms duck products.
The following recipe contest finalists will each receive $500 and a knife set:
- Maple Leaf Farms Duck Sushi with Duck Chicherones, Citrique Gastrique & Asian Caviar by Juliana Rezende from Le Cordon Bleu in Los Angeles, CA
- Duck Bacon Delight by Joyce Mac from Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago, IL
- Grilled Duck Burger with Blueberry -Plum Coulis, Smoked Gouda and Arugula by Jill Sonlin from The Culinary Arts Institute at MCCC in Doylestown, PA
- Spicy Mango Duck Satay with Peanut Sauce & Microgreen Salad by Victoria Moran from College of Lake County in Gurnee, IL
Thank you to everyone who entered!
Entry period was March 1-June 6, 2015. Email contest questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.