~ Visit www.mapleleaffarms.com/chef-recipe-contest for 2017 contest information. ~
Grand Prize $10,000 Winner - Mole Duck Taco with Puffed Rice, Avocado Cilantro Puree, Pineapple Radish Salsa and Cotija by Eljesa Haxhiu, Executive Sous Chef, Gwinnett Technical College in Lawrenceville, GA
The following recipe contest finalists will each receive $1,000:
- Mushroom Duck Confit Ravioli with Roasted Butternut Squash Puree and Blood Orange Reduction by Branden Baldwin, Sous Chef, SMG/Savor Chesapeake Arena, in Oklahoma City, OK
- Duck Confit Turnover with Green Spicy Papaya Slaw and Orange Blossom Vinegar Syrup by Anthony Lauri, Executive Chef, Chartwells Dining Services at University of Miami in Miami, FL
- Nashville Hot Duck by Marylou Tate, Assistant Professor, Nashville State Community College in Nashville, TN
- Duck Puppies with Sorghum Bourbon Glaze by Richard Carter, Executive Chef, Catering Works in Raleigh NC
Grand Prize $5,000 Winner - Butternut Squash Duck Lasagna by Rebecca Alarcon, Houston Community College in Houston, TX
The following recipe contest finalists will each receive $500 and a knife set:
- Seared Duck Breast Blini with a Plum and Rhubarb Compote and Quinoa Confit by Carly Rapp, Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, NH
- Duck Croquettes and Sweet Pea Puree by Alvin Lawe, Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI
- Duck Breast Sliders on Crispy Potato Skins by Florian Schwartz, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts
- Roasted Duck on Crispy Rice Cake with Spicy Mango Chutney by Cuong Hoang, Houston Community College in Houston, TX
Thank you to everyone who entered!
Entry period was March 1-June 5, 2016. Email contest questions to email@example.com.