Our sustainable focus
Maple Leaf Farms believes sustainability requires programs and systems that are ethically grounded, scientifically verified and economically viable. When these three elements operate in balance, we have systems that can be executed and programs that build consumer trust and confidence in Maple Leaf Farms.
Each year, our corporate sustainability team continues efforts to expand sustainability metrics and address a few impactful projects that can allow us to reduce our environmental impact and improve our resource management. Our sustainability efforts impact the farmers we partner with, our processing plants and the communities where our employees live, work and raise their families.
On the farm
- Consolidating the Live Production supply chain
- Providing natural fertilizer and irrigation water to local farmers
- Reducing use of energy and other resources
In the plants
- Reducing water use
- Recycling and reducing waste
- Improving energy efficiency
In the community
- Contributing food and financial support to local charities
- Volunteering time and treasure to community organizations
- Preserving community landmarks & green spaces